On 2012-01-31 15:28, Robert Haas wrote:

*scratches head*

I'm not sure I follow you.  If you're saying that we can make this
work by always allowing the value to be reset, then I agree with you,
but I'm not sure those are the semantics KaiGai wants.  For instance,
if a connection pooler does:

SET sepgsql.client_label = 'bob_t';

...and then hands off to the client, the client can then do:

RESET sepgsql.client_label;
SET sepgsql.client_label = 'alice_t';

....and that's bad.

Hmm yes this is a problem. Reading the original post better, it is also not the intended behaviour to support repeatable client_label switches.

"However, single-directed domain transition from bigger-privileges to smaller-privileged domain by users' operation is also supported on operating system, and useful feature to restrict applications capability at beginning of the session."

--
Yeb Havinga
http://www.mgrid.net/