On 01/30/2012 11:18 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
[ example showing pg_dump's odd behavior for extension config tables ]
[ traces through that with gdb... ]

As I suspected, the behavioral change from 9.1 to HEAD is not
intentional.  It is an artifact of commit
7b070e896ca835318c90b02c830a5c4844413b64, which is almost, but not
quite, entirely broken.  I won't enumerate its shortcomings here,
because they're not really relevant, but it does seem appropriate to
discuss exactly what we think *should* happen for tables created inside
extensions.
I'm perplexed about what you thing the patch does wrong or how it affects this.
If I've broken something I'd like to know how, exactly, so I have a chance to
fix it.

cheers

andrew