On 02/27/2012 12:22 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
FWIW, all the recent reports of this seem to be on Ubuntu or Debian.
Don't know if that means few of us use Fedora or if it means Fedora has
fixed this.

I just tried building postgres-US.pdf on a RHEL-derived system, Scientific Linux 6 using openjade-1.3.2-36.el6. That gave me lots of "Overfull hbox" errors, then died like this:

! pdfTeX error (ext4): \pdfendlink ended up in different nesting level than \pd
fstartlink.
<to be read again>
                   \endgroup \set@typeset@protect
l.895119 ...rticular type modifier value.\endPar{}
                                                  \endNode{}\Node%
!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Here are some Debian/Ubuntu platforms that all run into the other problem:

Ubuntu 9.04, openjade 1.4devel1-19:  flow error
Debian Squeeze, openjade 1.4devel1-19 : flow error

I always assumed that the reason this didn't work, but the Fedoras did, was because of a difference between 1.3 and 1.4. Maybe a forward port of that 1.3 patch would help. I'm not sure what state RHEL6 is really in though, I don't fully trust my SL6 system yet for this task.

--
Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    g...@2ndquadrant.com   Baltimore, MD