On Mar 10, 2012, at 4:19 PM, Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> wrote:

> On 03/09/2012 07:50 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andrew Dunstan<and...@dunslane.net>  writes:
>>> Buildfarm member mussel (OS X 10.7.3, llvm-gcc 4.2.1, x86_64)seems to be
>>> getting consistent warnings when running the pgcrypto regression tests,
>>> that look like this:
>>>     WARNING: detected write past chunk end in ExprContext 0x7fec2b11eb58
>>> Does anyone have an idea why that might be?
>> Worksforme, on an up-to-date Lion system using exactly the same
>> compiler version.  I do see the deprecation warnings (which Apple
>> seems to have plastered on every single OpenSSL function ... doesn't
>> leave me with a warm feeling about their future plans).
>>
>> I suspect that mussel has an ABI-incompatible openssl library hanging
>> around someplace.  On my machine "otool -L pgcrypto.so" shows
>>
>> /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib (compatibility version 0.9.8, current version
>> 44.0.0)
>>
>> It'd be interesting to know what it says on mussel.
>

> Robert, please investigate.

creagers-imac:pgcrypto Robert$ otool -L pgcrypto.so
pgcrypto.so:
        /opt/local/lib/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0,
current version 1.0.0)
        /opt/local/lib/libz.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 1.2.5)
        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 159.1.0)

via Mac Ports