Postgres 9.2 has been modified so psql no longer uppercases SQL keywords
when using tab completation, by this commit:

        commit 69f4f1c3576abc535871c6cfa95539e32a36120f
        Author: Peter Eisentraut <pete...@gmx.net>
        Date:   Wed Feb 1 20:16:40 2012 +0200

            psql: Case preserving completion of SQL key words

            Instead of always completing SQL key words in upper case, look at
            the word being completed and match the case.

            reviewed by Fujii Masao

For example, in 9.1:

        test=> sel<TAB>

becomes

        test=> SELECT

However, in 9.2, this will produce:

        test=> select

FYI, fortunately this will still complete as upper case:

        test=> Sel<TAB>

Robert Haas and I are disappointed by this change.  I liked the fact
that I could post nice-looking SQL queries without having to use my
capslock key (which I use as a second control key).  Any chance of
reverting this change?

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us