On 04/16/2012 09:24 AM, Alex wrote:
Jay, Alvaro, Dimitri (and whoever else wants to speak up) could you
please describe your ideal tool for the task?

Given that every other existing tool likely have pissed off someone
already, I guess our best bet is writing one from scratch.

Or maybe there isn't really a need for a tracker?  The core team have
managed to live without one for so long after all...
I believe the biggest hurdle for many hackers is that in redmine, email is not a first class citizen. The majority of hackers are never going to want to go into a web interface to get something done, they live in VI/Emacs and the command line.

One thing that redmine definitely breaks is proper handling of attachments in email, thus the first thing moving to redmine would break would be patch submission.

JD

--
Regards,
Alex