On 04/27/2012 11:45 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Thom Brown<t...@linux.com>  wrote:
On 27 April 2012 16:08, Simon Riggs<si...@2ndquadrant.com>  wrote:
I notice that there isn't a parameter called enable_indexonly (or similar).

ISTM that such a major new feature should be controlled by a planner
method parameter, just as all the existing planner methods are.

This will help us evaluate index only scans in production, and turn
them off if they have negative impacts.
It already exists and is called "enable_indexonlyscan".
Hmm. Forgive me, I pressed the wrong button and looked at current docs
rather than dev docs.

(Easier when they used to look different...)

Maybe we should have the stylesheet watermark the dev docs pages.

cheers

andrew