On 28.05.2012 00:46, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 12:33 AM, Heikki Linnakangas<
heikki.linnakan...@enterprisedb.com>  wrote:

Attached is a patch to replace the path stacks with a hash table. With
this patch, the index build time in my test case dropped from 59 minutes to
about 55 minutes. I don'αΊ— know how representative or repeatable this test
case is, but this definitely seems very worthwhile, not only because it
fixes the bug and makes the code simpler, but also on performance grounds.

Cool, seems that we've both simplier and faster implementation of finding
parent. Thanks!

Ok, I committed this now.

I also spotted and fixed another little oversight: the temporary file didn't get deleted after the index build.

Alexander, do you still have the test environments and data lying around
that you used for GiST buffering testing last summer? Could you rerun some
of those tests with this patch?

I think I can restore test environment and data. Will rerun tests soon.

Thanks!

--
  Heikki Linnakangas