On 31 May 2012 11:19, Simon Riggs <si...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I've looked at this more closely now and I can see that the call to
> XLogFlush() that is made from xact_redo_commit_internal() doesn't ever
> actually flush WAL, so whether we delay or not is completely
> irrelevant.
>
> So un-agreed. No change required to patch there.

So, does that clear up the question of it being acceptable to add a
delay to every existing XLogFlush() call site? I think so.

Aside from the outstanding question of what to rename
commit_delay/commit_siblings to, and how we might want to reframe
those settings in the docs, I think that's everything.