On 11 June 2012 18:02, Joshua Berkus <j...@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> Hmmm.  I was assuming September, given how late the beta came out, and that
> nobody has previously talked seriously about a June release.  I'll also point
> out that while there's a beta2 tarball, there was no announcement and no
> packages for it.
>
> If we decide to do June, then PR will be minimal because I was assuming I had
> another 7 weeks to prepare it.  Not that that should be the deciding factor
> (it would be great to get out an early release and get it out of the way) but
> it should be taken into consideration.

Not really sure why we're discussing it.

We've always had a long beta cycle and this seems to cut it very short
at both ends.

If we're going to have a fixed cutoff date for patches then having a
variable release date seems weird, unless it is to elongate it to fix
bugs.

Let me put it this way: is there a benefit to changing the plan?
Anyone desperate for the new features is already using them, and we're
relying upon that to throw up bugs during beta.