We still haven't really decided what to do about libpqxx.  The only
argument I've heard so far against distributing it separately is that it
would induce users to use libpq++ instead.  I think having both libraries
in the distribution is going to be even more confusing, especially since
one is "old and well-tested" and one is brand new.

The problem I see now is that libpqxx has a completely different build
system and documentation system.  This is also not going to help users
find and use it and it's also going to be a maintenance headache.  I don't
necessarily want libpqxx to change it, but I feel it would be better off
maintained separately.  I wouldn't mind if we package libpq++ separately
as well and tell users that we have these two libraries and they can pick
one.  And before someone suggests an --enable-libpqxx option:  That's not
the solution to these problems, it's only a way to hide them.

--
Peter Eisentraut   [EMAIL PROTECTED]