On 03/07/12 20:24, Daniel Farina wrote:
Hello,

I've noticed recently that I can't seem to use the convenient xlog
filename formatting functions while I'm in a standby.  I don't see an
incredibly obvious reason why that is the case, so here's a patch that
simply removes the ban on being able to call these formatting
functions.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but it feels like this is an oversight
from the days when there was no useful function to call that formatted
a X/X-type record on a standby.

I must add a +1 to that, gotta be my pet peeve with this otherwise fine functionality. Also it would be really nice to have a single function that gave the current receive or active wal offset so things like Nagios didn't have to know the if db is a standby or not to work out said offset...

Regards

Mark