On 10/15/2012 04:54 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
PS. I'd love to see a basic Slony plugin for this, for example, to see how
>much extra code on top of the posted patches you need to write in a plugin
>like that to make it functional. I'm worried that it's a lot..
I agree.  I would go so far as to say that if Slony can't integrate
with this work and use it in place of their existing change-capture
facility, that's sufficient grounds for unconditional rejection.
The fact that current work starts with "apply cache" instead of streaming
makes the semantics very close to how londiste and slony do this.

Therefore I don't think there will be any problems with "can't" though it may be
that there will be nobody actually doing it, at least not before January.