On 10/17/12 2:31 AM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
Then if you insist on comparing to a macro facility, as we're talking
about dynamic code rewriting, maybe we need to compare RULEs to the lisp
style macro facility, which is nothing like a pre-processor facility (in
lisp, that's the reader, I think).

Except the vast majority of the audience likely have no idea what the 'lisp macro system' is like or what this comparison implies.. Even though I dabbled in a little LISP almost 40 years ago, I don't remember anything about LISP macros, just Assembler and C macros :)

Any such comparison should be with something that is common knowledge, not something even more obscure than the primary subject matter.