On 10/19/2012 04:40 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
On 10/19/2012 03:55 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
That doesn't get us any closer to having a working column-constraint
syntax unfortunately, because EACH is not a reserved word either
so "EACH ELEMENT REFERENCES" still isn't gonna work.  I'm getting
more willing to give up on having a column-constraint form of this.
"ALL" is a fully reserved keyword. Could we do something like "ALL
ELEMENTS"?
[ experiments... ]  bison is happy with "ALL ELEMENTS REFERENCES ..."
as a column constraint, but from the standpoint of English grammar
it's kinda sucky.  "ANY ELEMENT REFERENCES ..." would be fine but
that's not the case we're implementing now.

Well, we could add "REFERENCE" as a non-reserved keyword. I agree it's not ideal.

cheers

andrew