On 08.11.2012 07:59, Chen Huajun wrote:
I am sending patch for errcontext() function.

I use procedural languages to do some operation, but when error occurs
,the CONTEXT error messages from procedural languages doesn't display in
local language.

for example:
postgres=# CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION logfunc3 (logtxt text) RETURNS
timestamp AS $$
postgres$# BEGIN
postgres$# select * from db;
postgres$# RETURN 'now';
postgres$# END;
postgres$# $$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;
CREATE FUNCTION
postgres=# select logfunc3('test');
ERROR: リレーション"db"は存在しません
行 1: select * from db
QUERY: select * from db
CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "logfunc3" line 3 at SQL ステートメント
but,“CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL 関数 "logfunc3" の 3 行目の型 SQL ステートメント” is my expected.

There is the same problem in pl/perl and pl/python .

After checking and debuging the source code ,I found the reason.

The reason is that domian setted is wrong. For PL/pgSQL, domain "pgsql" should be setted,
but domain setted is "postgres" .

So  I considered to fix the bug by updating errcontext() funtion.

Unfortunately not all compilers support varargs macros. I bumped into this in February, see http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4f3b72e0.8040...@enterprisedb.com. My last attempt to fix this was at http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2012-04/msg00812.php. That patch is probably good to go, I just got busy with other things and forgot about it back then. Can you take a look at that patch and see if I missed anything, please?

- Heikki