On 21.11.2012 23:29, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Alvaro Herrera escribió:
FWIW I have pushed this to github; see
https://github.com/alvherre/postgres/compare/bgworker

It's also attached.

The UnBlockSig stuff is the main stumbling block as I see it because it
precludes compilation on Windows.  Maybe we should fix that by providing
another function that the module is to call after initialization is done
and before it gets ready to work ... but having a function that only
calls PG_SETMASK() feels somewhat useless to me; and I don't see what
else we could do in there.

I cleaned up some more stuff and here's another version.  In particular
I added wrapper functions to block and unblock signals, so that this
doesn't need exported UnBlockSig.

Could you just unblock the signals before calling into the background worker's main() function?

- Heikki