On 26.11.2012 14:53, Amit Kapila wrote:
I have one usecase in feature (SQL Command to edit postgresql.conf) very
similar to OpenFile/CloseFile, but I want that when CloseFile is called from
abort, it should remove(unlink) the file as well and during open it has to
retry few times if open is not success.
I have following options:
1. Extend OpenFile/CloseFile or PathNameOpenFile
2. Write new functions similar to OpenFile/CloseFile, something like
OpenConfLockFile/CloseConfLockFile
3. Use OpenFile/CloseFile  and handle my specific case with PG_TRY ..
PG_CATCH

Any suggestions?

Hmm, if it's just for locking purposes, how about using a lwlock or a heavy-weight lock instead?

- Heikki