On 12/18/2012 01:24 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Bernhard Schrader <bernhard.schra...@innogames.de> writes:
Beside of that, we tested a little bit more with the failing query:
The statement which is causing the error is a big UPDATE-statement with
FROM. After some testing we figured out that the subselect in the
FROM-clause is working fine. And if we simplify the UPDATE-statement
it's also working. We're able to show the data and we're able to do
simple updates on the table. But the two things combined are not
working.
Does the table being updated have any indexes on enum columns?  I'm
suspicious that the bogus OID is in an index page somewhere, and not
in the table at all.

If that is the answer, then reindexing said index would get rid of
the problem (as well as all evidence that would help us find out how
it happened ...)

Unless they can make a physical backup of the datadir first.

cheers

andrew