On 1.1.2013 17:35, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> There was an earlier suggestion by Andres Freund to use memcmp()
> instead, but I don't see that in the latest posted version of the patch;
> was there a specific rationale for taking it out or it was just lost in
> the shuffle?

No, I've tried that approach with a comparator like this:

    static int
    rnode_comparator(const void * p1, const void * p2)
    {
            return memcmp(p1, p2, sizeof(RelFileNode));
    }

but it turned out to be slower than the current comparator. I've posted
some benchmark results and possible explanation on 20/12 (message
50d26fe8.1040...@fuzzy.cz).

If you could verify my results, that'd be great.

Tomas