On 01/09/2013 04:12 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
On 01/09/2013 10:16 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Actually, if we were to try to clean this up, I'd suggest moving that
logic into the configure script --- it's not apparent to me why it's
a good idea to be changing configure-determined values in the Makefile.
But in any case this would have to be done by somebody who's in a
position to test on affected platforms.
Here's a patch which does that and produces configure traces like this
on Mingw:
     checking for Perl archlibexp... C:/Perl/lib
     checking for Perl privlibexp... C:/Perl/lib
     checking for Perl useshrplib... true
     checking for flags to link embedded Perl... -LC:/Perl/lib/CORE -lperl512
which seems to be what we want.
Given that, you should be able to write a reasonably portable configure
test for library presence.
Looks good.  If you're happy with that then I can undertake to add a
libperl.so probe based on AC_TRY_LINK with the unmodified value of
$perl_embed_ldflags.

Go for it.

cheers

andrew