On 01/16/2013 05:59 PM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking into this as a committer.  It seems that this is the
newest patch and the reviewer(Pavel) stated that it is ready for
commit. However, I noticed that this patch adds a Linux/UNIX only
feature(not available on Windows). So I would like to ask cores if
this is ok or not.

I haven't been following the thread, but if the complaint is that Windows doesn't have accurate high-resolution timers, which is what it kinda looks like from the rest of your message, then it's not true. Every version since Windows2000 has had QueryPerformanceCounter()/QueryPerformanceFrequency(). And we use it: see src/include/portability/instr_time.h

If that's not the problem, then can someone please point me at the message that sets the problem out clearly, or else just recap it?

cheers

andrew