On 22.01.2013 15:02, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
Phil Sorber<p...@omniti.com>  writes:
What do you think about the idea of a full WAL proxy? Probably not for
9.3 at this point though.

I was thinking that a WAL proxy nowadays is called a cascading standby
with local archiving enabled. I'm not sure why you would want to trust
your archiving and WAL relaying to another piece of software…

You might not want to keep a copy of the whole data directory around, as you have to in a cascading standby. I can see value in a separate WAL proxy software, especially if it's integrated into a larger backup manager program like barman or wal-e.

- Heikki