On Wed, 2013-01-16 at 17:38 -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:
> New version of checksums patch.

And another new version of both patches.

Changes:
 * Rebased.
 * Rename SetBufferCommitInfoNeedsSave to MarkBufferDirtyHint. Now that
it's being used more places, it makes sense to give it a more generic
name.
 * My colleague, Yingjie He, noticed that the FSM doesn't write any WAL,
and therefore we must protect those operations against torn pages. That
seems simple enough: just use MarkBufferDirtyHint (formerly
SetBufferCommitInfoNeedsSave) instead of MarkBufferDirty. The FSM
changes are not critical, so the fact that we may lose the dirty bit is
OK.

Regards,
        Jeff Davis