On 26 Aug 2002 at 14:46, Sir Mordred The Traitor wrote:
> [snip]
> static int recv_and_check_password0(Port *port) {
>       int32 len;
>       char *buf;
>
>       if (pq_getint(&len, 4) == EOF)
>               return STATUS_EOF;
>       len -= 4;
>       buf = palloc(len); /* len is taken from a packet */
> [snip]

So that should read,

 buf=palloc((len>LENMAX?SAFELEN:len));

is what you want to say?

sounds good to me.. But if it is taken from the packet, won't that be tripped
to MTA size? Just a naďve question. Never saw much of postgres code myself..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Wilcox's Law:   A pat on the back is only a few centimeters from a kick in the
pants.