On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 06:45:31AM -0800, David Fetter wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 09, 2013 at 11:59:22PM -0800, David Fetter wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > Per suggestions and lots of help from Andrew Gierth, please find
> > attached a patch to clean up the call sites for FuncCall nodes, which
> > I'd like to expand centrally rather than in each of the 37 (or 38, but
> > I only redid 37) places where it's called.  The remaining one is in
> > src/backend/nodes/copyfuncs.c, which has to be modified for any
> > changes in the that struct anyhow.
> >
> > The immediate purpose is two-fold: to reduce some redundancies, which
> > I believe is worth doing in and of itself, and to prepare for adding
> > FILTER on aggregates from the spec, and possibly other things in
> > the <aggregate function> part of the spec.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > David.
>
> Folks,
>
> Please find attached two versions of a patch which provides optional
> FILTER clause for aggregates (T612, "Advanced OLAP operations").
>
> The first is intended to be applied on top of the previous patch, the
> second without it.

I'll find a brown paper back to wear over my head at some point, but
meanwhile, here's a cleaned-up version of the patch that doesn't use
makeFuncArgs, now without merge artifacts and with the ability to
actually compile.  It's still WIP in the sense previously mentioned.

Cheers,
David.
--
David Fetter <da...@fetter.org> http://fetter.org/
Skype: davidfetter      XMPP: david.fet...@gmail.com

Remember to vote!

*** a/src/backend/executor/execQual.c
--- b/src/backend/executor/execQual.c
***************
*** 4395,4400 **** ExecInitExpr(Expr *node, PlanState *parent)
--- 4395,4401 ----

                                        astate->args = (List *)
ExecInitExpr((Expr *) aggref->args,

                                 parent);
+                                       astate->agg_filter =
ExecInitExpr(aggref->agg_filter, parent);

                                        /*
                                         * Complain if the aggregate's
arguments contain any
***************
*** 4433,4438 **** ExecInitExpr(Expr *node, PlanState *parent)
--- 4434,4440 ----

                                        wfstate->args = (List *)
ExecInitExpr((Expr *) wfunc->args,

                                  parent);
+                                       wfstate->agg_filter =
ExecInitExpr(wfunc->agg_filter, parent);

                                        /*
                                         * Complain if the windowfunc's
arguments contain any
*** a/src/backend/executor/functions.c
--- b/src/backend/executor/functions.c
***************
*** 364,370 **** sql_fn_post_column_ref(ParseState *pstate, ColumnRef *cref,
Node *var)

list_make1(subfield),

list_make1(param),
                                                                  NIL, false,
false, false,
!                                                                 NULL, true,
cref->location);
        }

        return param;
--- 364,370 ----

list_make1(subfield),

list_make1(param),
                                                                  NIL, false,
false, false,
!                                                                 NULL, NULL,
true, cref->location);
        }

        return param;
*** a/src/backend/executor/nodeAgg.c
--- b/src/backend/executor/nodeAgg.c
***************
*** 487,492 **** advance_aggregates(AggState *aggstate, AggStatePerGroup
pergroup)
--- 487,504 ----
                int                     i;
                TupleTableSlot *slot;

+               /* Skip anything FILTERed out */
+               ExprState *filter = peraggstate->aggrefstate->agg_filter;
+               if (filter)
+               {
+                       MemoryContext oldcontext =
MemoryContextSwitchTo(aggstate->tmpcontext->ecxt_per_tuple_memory);
+                       bool isnull;
+                       Datum res = ExecEvalExpr(filter, aggstate->tmpcontext,
&isnull, NULL);
+                       MemoryContextSwitchTo(oldcontext);
+                       if (isnull || !DatumGetBool(res))
+                               continue;
+               }
+
                /* Evaluate the current input expressions for this aggregate */
                slot = ExecProject(peraggstate->evalproj, NULL);

*** a/src/backend/executor/nodeWindowAgg.c
--- b/src/backend/executor/nodeWindowAgg.c
***************
*** 226,234 **** advance_windowaggregate(WindowAggState *winstate,
--- 226,247 ----
        int                     i;
        MemoryContext oldContext;
        ExprContext *econtext = winstate->tmpcontext;
+       ExprState *filter = wfuncstate->agg_filter;

        oldContext = MemoryContextSwitchTo(econtext->ecxt_per_tuple_memory);

+       /* Skip anything FILTERed out */
+       if (filter)
+       {
+               bool isnull;
+               Datum res = ExecEvalExpr(filter, econtext, &isnull, NULL);
+               if (isnull || !DatumGetBool(res))
+               {
+                       MemoryContextSwitchTo(oldContext);
+                       return;
+               }
+       }
+
        /* We start from 1, since the 0th arg will be the transition value */
        i = 1;
        foreach(arg, wfuncstate->args)
*** a/src/backend/nodes/copyfuncs.c
--- b/src/backend/nodes/copyfuncs.c
***************
*** 1135,1140 **** _copyAggref(const Aggref *from)
--- 1135,1141 ----
        COPY_NODE_FIELD(args);
        COPY_NODE_FIELD(aggorder);
        COPY_NODE_FIELD(aggdistinct);
+       COPY_NODE_FIELD(agg_filter);
        COPY_SCALAR_FIELD(aggstar);
        COPY_SCALAR_FIELD(agglevelsup);
        COPY_LOCATION_FIELD(location);
***************
*** 1155,1160 **** _copyWindowFunc(const WindowFunc *from)
--- 1156,1162 ----
        COPY_SCALAR_FIELD(wincollid);
        COPY_SCALAR_FIELD(inputcollid);
        COPY_NODE_FIELD(args);
+       COPY_NODE_FIELD(agg_filter);
        COPY_SCALAR_FIELD(winref);
        COPY_SCALAR_FIELD(winstar);
        COPY_SCALAR_FIELD(winagg);
***************
*** 2153,2158 **** _copyFuncCall(const FuncCall *from)
--- 2155,2161 ----
        COPY_SCALAR_FIELD(agg_star);
        COPY_SCALAR_FIELD(agg_distinct);
        COPY_SCALAR_FIELD(func_variadic);
+       COPY_NODE_FIELD(agg_filter);
        COPY_NODE_FIELD(over);
        COPY_LOCATION_FIELD(location);

*** a/src/backend/nodes/equalfuncs.c
--- b/src/backend/nodes/equalfuncs.c
***************
*** 195,200 **** _equalAggref(const Aggref *a, const Aggref *b)
--- 195,201 ----
        COMPARE_NODE_FIELD(args);
        COMPARE_NODE_FIELD(aggorder);
        COMPARE_NODE_FIELD(aggdistinct);
+       COMPARE_NODE_FIELD(agg_filter);
        COMPARE_SCALAR_FIELD(aggstar);
        COMPARE_SCALAR_FIELD(agglevelsup);
        COMPARE_LOCATION_FIELD(location);
***************
*** 210,215 **** _equalWindowFunc(const WindowFunc *a, const WindowFunc *b)
--- 211,217 ----
        COMPARE_SCALAR_FIELD(wincollid);
        COMPARE_SCALAR_FIELD(inputcollid);
        COMPARE_NODE_FIELD(args);
+       COMPARE_NODE_FIELD(agg_filter);
        COMPARE_SCALAR_FIELD(winref);
        COMPARE_SCALAR_FIELD(winstar);
        COMPARE_SCALAR_FIELD(winagg);
***************
*** 1997,2002 **** _equalFuncCall(const FuncCall *a, const FuncCall *b)
--- 1999,2005 ----
        COMPARE_SCALAR_FIELD(agg_star);
        COMPARE_SCALAR_FIELD(agg_distinct);
        COMPARE_SCALAR_FIELD(func_variadic);
+       COMPARE_NODE_FIELD(agg_filter);
        COMPARE_NODE_FIELD(over);
        COMPARE_LOCATION_FIELD(location);

*** a/src/backend/nodes/nodeFuncs.c
--- b/src/backend/nodes/nodeFuncs.c
***************
*** 1570,1575 **** expression_tree_walker(Node *node,
--- 1570,1578 ----
                                if (expression_tree_walker((Node *)
expr->aggdistinct,

   walker, context))
                                        return true;
+                               if (expression_tree_walker((Node *)
expr->agg_filter,
+
   walker, context))
+                                       return true;
                        }
                        break;
                case T_WindowFunc:
***************
*** 1580,1585 **** expression_tree_walker(Node *node,
--- 1583,1591 ----
                                if (expression_tree_walker((Node *) expr->args,

   walker, context))
                                        return true;
+                               if (expression_tree_walker((Node *)
expr->agg_filter,
+
   walker, context))
+                                       return true;
                        }
                        break;
                case T_ArrayRef:
***************
*** 2079,2084 **** expression_tree_mutator(Node *node,
--- 2085,2091 ----
                                MUTATE(newnode->args, aggref->args, List *);
                                MUTATE(newnode->aggorder, aggref->aggorder,
List *);
                                MUTATE(newnode->aggdistinct,
aggref->aggdistinct, List *);
+                               MUTATE(newnode->agg_filter, aggref->agg_filter,
Expr *);
                                return (Node *) newnode;
                        }
                        break;
***************
*** 2089,2094 **** expression_tree_mutator(Node *node,
--- 2096,2102 ----

                                FLATCOPY(newnode, wfunc, WindowFunc);
                                MUTATE(newnode->args, wfunc->args, List *);
+                               MUTATE(newnode->agg_filter, wfunc->agg_filter,
Expr *);
                                return (Node *) newnode;
                        }
                        break;
***************
*** 2948,2953 **** raw_expression_tree_walker(Node *node,
--- 2956,2963 ----
                                        return true;
                                if (walker(fcall->agg_order, context))
                                        return true;
+                               if (walker(fcall->agg_filter, context))
+                                       return true;
                                if (walker(fcall->over, context))
                                        return true;
                                /* function name is deemed uninteresting */
*** a/src/backend/nodes/outfuncs.c
--- b/src/backend/nodes/outfuncs.c
***************
*** 956,961 **** _outAggref(StringInfo str, const Aggref *node)
--- 956,962 ----
        WRITE_NODE_FIELD(args);
        WRITE_NODE_FIELD(aggorder);
        WRITE_NODE_FIELD(aggdistinct);
+       WRITE_NODE_FIELD(agg_filter);
        WRITE_BOOL_FIELD(aggstar);
        WRITE_UINT_FIELD(agglevelsup);
        WRITE_LOCATION_FIELD(location);
***************
*** 971,976 **** _outWindowFunc(StringInfo str, const WindowFunc *node)
--- 972,978 ----
        WRITE_OID_FIELD(wincollid);
        WRITE_OID_FIELD(inputcollid);
        WRITE_NODE_FIELD(args);
+       WRITE_NODE_FIELD(agg_filter);
        WRITE_UINT_FIELD(winref);
        WRITE_BOOL_FIELD(winstar);
        WRITE_BOOL_FIELD(winagg);
***************
*** 2081,2086 **** _outFuncCall(StringInfo str, const FuncCall *node)
--- 2083,2089 ----
        WRITE_BOOL_FIELD(agg_star);
        WRITE_BOOL_FIELD(agg_distinct);
        WRITE_BOOL_FIELD(func_variadic);
+       WRITE_NODE_FIELD(agg_filter);
        WRITE_NODE_FIELD(over);
        WRITE_LOCATION_FIELD(location);
  }
*** a/src/backend/nodes/readfuncs.c
--- b/src/backend/nodes/readfuncs.c
***************
*** 478,483 **** _readAggref(void)
--- 478,484 ----
        READ_NODE_FIELD(args);
        READ_NODE_FIELD(aggorder);
        READ_NODE_FIELD(aggdistinct);
+       READ_NODE_FIELD(agg_filter);
        READ_BOOL_FIELD(aggstar);
        READ_UINT_FIELD(agglevelsup);
        READ_LOCATION_FIELD(location);
***************
*** 498,503 **** _readWindowFunc(void)
--- 499,505 ----
        READ_OID_FIELD(wincollid);
        READ_OID_FIELD(inputcollid);
        READ_NODE_FIELD(args);
+       READ_NODE_FIELD(agg_filter);
        READ_UINT_FIELD(winref);
        READ_BOOL_FIELD(winstar);
        READ_BOOL_FIELD(winagg);
*** a/src/backend/parser/gram.y
--- b/src/backend/parser/gram.y
***************
*** 491,496 **** static Node *makeRecursiveViewSelect(char *relname, List
*aliases, Node *query);
--- 491,497 ----
                                opt_frame_clause frame_extent frame_bound
  %type <str>           opt_existing_window_name
  %type <boolean> opt_if_not_exists
+ %type <node>    filter_clause

  /*
   * Non-keyword token types.  These are hard-wired into the "flex" lexer.
***************
*** 537,543 **** static Node *makeRecursiveViewSelect(char *relname, List
*aliases, Node *query);
        EXCLUDE EXCLUDING EXCLUSIVE EXECUTE EXISTS EXPLAIN
        EXTENSION EXTERNAL EXTRACT

!       FALSE_P FAMILY FETCH FIRST_P FLOAT_P FOLLOWING FOR FORCE FOREIGN FORWARD
        FREEZE FROM FULL FUNCTION FUNCTIONS

        GLOBAL GRANT GRANTED GREATEST GROUP_P
--- 538,544 ----
        EXCLUDE EXCLUDING EXCLUSIVE EXECUTE EXISTS EXPLAIN
        EXTENSION EXTERNAL EXTRACT

!       FALSE_P FAMILY FETCH FILTER FIRST_P FLOAT_P FOLLOWING FOR FORCE FOREIGN
FORWARD
        FREEZE FROM FULL FUNCTION FUNCTIONS

        GLOBAL GRANT GRANTED GREATEST GROUP_P
***************
*** 10944,10950 **** c_expr:            columnref
                                { $$ = $1; }
   * (Note that many of the special SQL functions wouldn't actually make any
   * sense as functional index entries, but we ignore that consideration here.)
   */
! func_expr:    func_name '(' ')' over_clause
                                {
                                        FuncCall *n = makeNode(FuncCall);
                                        n->funcname = $1;
--- 10945,10951 ----
   * (Note that many of the special SQL functions wouldn't actually make any
   * sense as functional index entries, but we ignore that consideration here.)
   */
! func_expr:    func_name '(' ')' filter_clause over_clause
                                {
                                        FuncCall *n = makeNode(FuncCall);
                                        n->funcname = $1;
***************
*** 10953,10976 **** func_expr: func_name '(' ')' over_clause
                                        n->agg_star = FALSE;
                                        n->agg_distinct = FALSE;
                                        n->func_variadic = FALSE;
!                                       n->over = $4;
!                                       n->location = @1;
!                                       $$ = (Node *)n;
!                               }
!                       | func_name '(' func_arg_list ')' over_clause
!                               {
!                                       FuncCall *n = makeNode(FuncCall);
!                                       n->funcname = $1;
!                                       n->args = $3;
!                                       n->agg_order = NIL;
!                                       n->agg_star = FALSE;
!                                       n->agg_distinct = FALSE;
!                                       n->func_variadic = FALSE;
                                        n->over = $5;
                                        n->location = @1;
                                        $$ = (Node *)n;
                                }
!                       | func_name '(' VARIADIC func_arg_expr ')' over_clause
                                {
                                        FuncCall *n = makeNode(FuncCall);
                                        n->funcname = $1;
--- 10954,10979 ----
                                        n->agg_star = FALSE;
                                        n->agg_distinct = FALSE;
                                        n->func_variadic = FALSE;
!                                       n->agg_filter = $4;
                                        n->over = $5;
                                        n->location = @1;
                                        $$ = (Node *)n;
                                }
!                       | func_name '(' func_arg_list ')' filter_clause
over_clause
!                               {
!                                       FuncCall *n = makeNode(FuncCall);
!                                       n->funcname = $1;
!                                       n->args = $3;
!                                       n->agg_order = NIL;
!                                       n->agg_star = FALSE;
!                                       n->agg_distinct = FALSE;
!                                       n->func_variadic = FALSE;
!                                       n->agg_filter = $5;
!                                       n->over = $6;
!                                       n->location = @1;
!                                       $$ = (Node *)n;
!                               }
!                       | func_name '(' VARIADIC func_arg_expr ')'
filter_clause over_clause
                                {
                                        FuncCall *n = makeNode(FuncCall);
                                        n->funcname = $1;
***************
*** 10979,10989 **** func_expr: func_name '(' ')' over_clause
                                        n->agg_star = FALSE;
                                        n->agg_distinct = FALSE;
                                        n->func_variadic = TRUE;
!                                       n->over = $6;
                                        n->location = @1;
                                        $$ = (Node *)n;
                                }
!                       | func_name '(' func_arg_list ',' VARIADIC
func_arg_expr ')' over_clause
                                {
                                        FuncCall *n = makeNode(FuncCall);
                                        n->funcname = $1;
--- 10982,10993 ----
                                        n->agg_star = FALSE;
                                        n->agg_distinct = FALSE;
                                        n->func_variadic = TRUE;
!                                       n->agg_filter = $6;
!                                       n->over = $7;
                                        n->location = @1;
                                        $$ = (Node *)n;
                                }
!                       | func_name '(' func_arg_list ',' VARIADIC
func_arg_expr ')' filter_clause over_clause
                                {
                                        FuncCall *n = makeNode(FuncCall);
                                        n->funcname = $1;
***************
*** 10992,11002 **** func_expr: func_name '(' ')' over_clause
                                        n->agg_star = FALSE;
                                        n->agg_distinct = FALSE;
                                        n->func_variadic = TRUE;
!                                       n->over = $8;
                                        n->location = @1;
                                        $$ = (Node *)n;
                                }
!                       | func_name '(' func_arg_list sort_clause ')'
over_clause
                                {
                                        FuncCall *n = makeNode(FuncCall);
                                        n->funcname = $1;
--- 10996,11007 ----
                                        n->agg_star = FALSE;
                                        n->agg_distinct = FALSE;
                                        n->func_variadic = TRUE;
!                                       n->agg_filter = $8;
!                                       n->over = $9;
                                        n->location = @1;
                                        $$ = (Node *)n;
                                }
!                       | func_name '(' func_arg_list sort_clause ')'
filter_clause over_clause
                                {
                                        FuncCall *n = makeNode(FuncCall);
                                        n->funcname = $1;
***************
*** 11005,11015 **** func_expr: func_name '(' ')' over_clause
                                        n->agg_star = FALSE;
                                        n->agg_distinct = FALSE;
                                        n->func_variadic = FALSE;
!                                       n->over = $6;
                                        n->location = @1;
                                        $$ = (Node *)n;
                                }
!                       | func_name '(' ALL func_arg_list opt_sort_clause ')'
over_clause
                                {
                                        FuncCall *n = makeNode(FuncCall);
                                        n->funcname = $1;
--- 11010,11021 ----
                                        n->agg_star = FALSE;
                                        n->agg_distinct = FALSE;
                                        n->func_variadic = FALSE;
!                                       n->agg_filter = $6;
!                                       n->over = $7;
                                        n->location = @1;
                                        $$ = (Node *)n;
                                }
!                       | func_name '(' ALL func_arg_list opt_sort_clause ')'
filter_clause over_clause
                                {
                                        FuncCall *n = makeNode(FuncCall);
                                        n->funcname = $1;
***************
*** 11022,11032 **** func_expr: func_name '(' ')' over_clause
                                         * for that in FuncCall at the moment.
                                         */
                                        n->func_variadic = FALSE;
!                                       n->over = $7;
                                        n->location = @1;
                                        $$ = (Node *)n;
                                }
!                       | func_name '(' DISTINCT func_arg_list opt_sort_clause
')' over_clause
                                {
--- 11028,11039 ----
                                         * for that in FuncCall at the moment.
                                         */
                                        n->func_variadic = FALSE;
!                                       n->agg_filter = $7;
!                                       n->over = $8;
                                        n->location = @1;
                                        $$ = (Node *)n;
                                }
!                       | func_name '(' DISTINCT func_arg_list opt_sort_clause
')' filter_clause over_clause
                                {
                                        FuncCall *n = makeNode(FuncCall);
                                        n->funcname = $1;
***************
*** 11035,11045 **** func_expr: func_name '(' ')' over_clause
                                        n->agg_star = FALSE;
                                        n->agg_distinct = TRUE;
                                        n->func_variadic = FALSE;
!                                       n->over = $7;
                                        n->location = @1;
                                        $$ = (Node *)n;
                                }
!                       | func_name '(' '*' ')' over_clause
                                {
                                        /*
                                         * We consider AGGREGATE(*) to invoke a
parameterless
--- 11042,11053 ----
                                        n->agg_star = FALSE;
                                        n->agg_distinct = TRUE;
                                        n->func_variadic = FALSE;
!                                       n->agg_filter = $7;
!                                       n->over = $8;
                                        n->location = @1;
                                        $$ = (Node *)n;
                                }
!                       | func_name '(' '*' ')' filter_clause over_clause
                                {
                                        /*
                                         * We consider AGGREGATE(*) to invoke a
parameterless
***************
*** 11058,11064 **** func_expr: func_name '(' ')' over_clause
                                        n->agg_star = TRUE;
                                        n->agg_distinct = FALSE;
                                        n->func_variadic = FALSE;
!                                       n->over = $5;
                                        n->location = @1;
                                        $$ = (Node *)n;
                                }
--- 11066,11073 ----
                                        n->agg_star = TRUE;
                                        n->agg_distinct = FALSE;
                                        n->func_variadic = FALSE;
!                                       n->agg_filter = $5;
!                                       n->over = $6;
                                        n->location = @1;
                                        $$ = (Node *)n;
                                }
***************
*** 11592,11598 **** xmlexists_argument:
  window_clause:
                        WINDOW window_definition_list                   { $$ =
$2; }
                        | /*EMPTY*/
                { $$ = NIL; }
!               ;

  window_definition_list:
                        window_definition
        { $$ = list_make1($1); }
--- 11601,11607 ----
  window_clause:
                        WINDOW window_definition_list                   { $$ =
$2; }
                        | /*EMPTY*/
                { $$ = NIL; }
!                ;

  window_definition_list:
                        window_definition
        { $$ = list_make1($1); }
***************
*** 11609,11614 **** window_definition:
--- 11618,11628 ----
                                }
                ;

+ filter_clause:
+              FILTER '(' WHERE a_expr ')'            { $$ = $4; }
+              | /*EMPTY*/                            { $$ = NULL; }
+          ;
+
  over_clause: OVER window_specification
                                { $$ = $2; }
***************
*** 12885,12890 **** reserved_keyword:
--- 12899,12905 ----
                        | EXCEPT
                        | FALSE_P
                        | FETCH
+                       | FILTER
                        | FOR
                        | FOREIGN
                        | FROM
*** a/src/backend/parser/parse_agg.c
--- b/src/backend/parser/parse_agg.c
***************
*** 44,50 **** typedef struct
        int                     sublevels_up;
  } check_ungrouped_columns_context;

! static int    check_agg_arguments(ParseState *pstate, List *args);
  static bool check_agg_arguments_walker(Node *node,
                                                   check_agg_arguments_context
*context);
  static void check_ungrouped_columns(Node *node, ParseState *pstate, Query
*qry,
--- 44,50 ----
        int                     sublevels_up;
  } check_ungrouped_columns_context;

! static int    check_agg_arguments(ParseState *pstate, List *args, Expr
*filter);
  static bool check_agg_arguments_walker(Node *node,
                                                   check_agg_arguments_context
*context);
  static void check_ungrouped_columns(Node *node, ParseState *pstate, Query
*qry,
***************
*** 160,166 **** transformAggregateCall(ParseState *pstate, Aggref *agg,
         * Check the arguments to compute the aggregate's level and detect
         * improper nesting.
         */
!       min_varlevel = check_agg_arguments(pstate, agg->args);
        agg->agglevelsup = min_varlevel;

        /* Mark the correct pstate level as having aggregates */
--- 160,166 ----
         * Check the arguments to compute the aggregate's level and detect
         * improper nesting.
         */
!       min_varlevel = check_agg_arguments(pstate, agg->args, agg->agg_filter);
        agg->agglevelsup = min_varlevel;

        /* Mark the correct pstate level as having aggregates */
***************
*** 207,212 **** transformAggregateCall(ParseState *pstate, Aggref *agg,
--- 207,215 ----
                case EXPR_KIND_HAVING:
                        /* okay */
                        break;
+               case EXPR_KIND_FILTER:
+                       errkind = true;
+                       break;
                case EXPR_KIND_WINDOW_PARTITION:
                        /* okay */
                        break;
***************
*** 309,315 **** transformAggregateCall(ParseState *pstate, Aggref *agg,
   * which we can't know until we finish scanning the arguments.
   */
  static int
! check_agg_arguments(ParseState *pstate, List *args)
  {
        int                     agglevel;
        check_agg_arguments_context context;
--- 312,318 ----
   * which we can't know until we finish scanning the arguments.
   */
  static int
! check_agg_arguments(ParseState *pstate, List *args, Expr *filter)
  {
        int                     agglevel;
        check_agg_arguments_context context;
***************
*** 323,328 **** check_agg_arguments(ParseState *pstate, List *args)
--- 326,335 ----

check_agg_arguments_walker,
                                                                  (void *)
&context);

+       (void) expression_tree_walker((Node *) filter,
+
check_agg_arguments_walker,
+                                                                 (void *)
&context);
+
        /*
         * If we found no vars nor aggs at all, it's a level-zero aggregate;
         * otherwise, its level is the minimum of vars or aggs.
***************
*** 481,486 **** transformWindowFuncCall(ParseState *pstate, WindowFunc *wfunc,
--- 488,496 ----
                case EXPR_KIND_HAVING:
                        errkind = true;
                        break;
+               case EXPR_KIND_FILTER:
+                       errkind = true;
+                       break;
                case EXPR_KIND_WINDOW_PARTITION:
                case EXPR_KIND_WINDOW_ORDER:
                case EXPR_KIND_WINDOW_FRAME_RANGE:
*** a/src/backend/parser/parse_expr.c
--- b/src/backend/parser/parse_expr.c
***************
*** 22,27 ****
--- 22,28 ----
  #include "nodes/nodeFuncs.h"
  #include "optimizer/var.h"
  #include "parser/analyze.h"
+ #include "parser/parse_clause.h"
  #include "parser/parse_coerce.h"
  #include "parser/parse_collate.h"
  #include "parser/parse_expr.h"
***************
*** 463,469 **** transformIndirection(ParseState *pstate, Node *basenode, List
*indirection)

  list_make1(n),

  list_make1(result),

  NIL, false, false, false,
!
  NULL, true, location);
                        if (newresult == NULL)
                                unknown_attribute(pstate, result, strVal(n),
location);
                        result = newresult;
--- 464,470 ----

  list_make1(n),

  list_make1(result),

  NIL, false, false, false,
!
  NULL, NULL, true, location);
                        if (newresult == NULL)
                                unknown_attribute(pstate, result, strVal(n),
location);
                        result = newresult;
***************
*** 631,637 **** transformColumnRef(ParseState *pstate, ColumnRef *cref)

         list_make1(makeString(colname)),

         list_make1(node),

         NIL, false, false, false,
!
         NULL, true, cref->location);
                                }
                                break;
                        }
--- 632,638 ----

*** 676,682 **** transformColumnRef(ParseState *pstate, ColumnRef *cref)

--- 677,683 ----

*** 734,740 **** transformColumnRef(ParseState *pstate, ColumnRef *cref)

--- 735,741 ----

         list_make1(makeString(colname)),

         list_make1(node),

         NIL, false, false, false,
!
         NULL, NULL, true, cref->location);
                                }
                                break;
                        }
***************
*** 1241,1246 **** transformFuncCall(ParseState *pstate, FuncCall *fn)
--- 1242,1248 ----
  {
        List       *targs;
        ListCell   *args;
+       Expr       *tagg_filter;

        /* Transform the list of arguments ... */
        targs = NIL;
***************
*** 1250,1255 **** transformFuncCall(ParseState *pstate, FuncCall *fn)
--- 1252,1263 ----

                        (Node *) lfirst(args)));
        }

+       /* Transform the aggregate filter using transformWhereClause, to
+        * which FILTER is virually identical... */
+       tagg_filter = NULL;
+       if (fn->agg_filter != NULL)
+               tagg_filter = (Expr *)transformWhereClause(pstate, (Node
*)fn->agg_filter, EXPR_KIND_FILTER, "FILTER");
+
        /* ... and hand off to ParseFuncOrColumn */
        return ParseFuncOrColumn(pstate,
                                                         fn->funcname,
***************
*** 1258,1263 **** transformFuncCall(ParseState *pstate, FuncCall *fn)
--- 1266,1272 ----
                                                         fn->agg_star,
                                                         fn->agg_distinct,
                                                         fn->func_variadic,
+                                                        tagg_filter,
                                                         fn->over,
                                                         false,
                                                         fn->location);
***************
*** 1430,1435 **** transformSubLink(ParseState *pstate, SubLink *sublink)
--- 1439,1445 ----
                case EXPR_KIND_FROM_FUNCTION:
                case EXPR_KIND_WHERE:
                case EXPR_KIND_HAVING:
+               case EXPR_KIND_FILTER:
                case EXPR_KIND_WINDOW_PARTITION:
                case EXPR_KIND_WINDOW_ORDER:
                case EXPR_KIND_WINDOW_FRAME_RANGE:
***************
*** 2579,2584 **** ParseExprKindName(ParseExprKind exprKind)
--- 2589,2596 ----
                        return "WHERE";
                case EXPR_KIND_HAVING:
                        return "HAVING";
+               case EXPR_KIND_FILTER:
+                       return "FILTER";
                case EXPR_KIND_WINDOW_PARTITION:
                        return "window PARTITION BY";
                case EXPR_KIND_WINDOW_ORDER:
*** a/src/backend/parser/parse_func.c
--- b/src/backend/parser/parse_func.c
***************
*** 63,69 **** Node *
  ParseFuncOrColumn(ParseState *pstate, List *funcname, List *fargs,
                                  List *agg_order, bool agg_star, bool
agg_distinct,
                                  bool func_variadic,
!                                 WindowDef *over, bool is_column, int location)
  {
        Oid                     rettype;
        Oid                     funcid;
--- 63,69 ----
  ParseFuncOrColumn(ParseState *pstate, List *funcname, List *fargs,
                                  List *agg_order, bool agg_star, bool
agg_distinct,
                                  bool func_variadic,
!                                 Expr *agg_filter, WindowDef *over, bool
is_column, int location)
  {
        Oid                     rettype;
        Oid                     funcid;
***************
*** 175,181 **** ParseFuncOrColumn(ParseState *pstate, List *funcname, List
*fargs,
         * wasn't any aggregate or variadic decoration, nor an argument name.
         */
        if (nargs == 1 && agg_order == NIL && !agg_star && !agg_distinct &&
!               over == NULL && !func_variadic && argnames == NIL &&
                list_length(funcname) == 1)
        {
                Oid                     argtype = actual_arg_types[0];
--- 175,181 ----
         * wasn't any aggregate or variadic decoration, nor an argument name.
         */
        if (nargs == 1 && agg_order == NIL && !agg_star && !agg_distinct &&
!               agg_filter == NULL && over == NULL && !func_variadic &&
argnames == NIL &&
                list_length(funcname) == 1)
        {
                Oid                     argtype = actual_arg_types[0];
***************
*** 251,256 **** ParseFuncOrColumn(ParseState *pstate, List *funcname, List
*fargs,
--- 251,262 ----
                        errmsg("ORDER BY specified, but %s is not an aggregate
function",
                                   NameListToString(funcname)),
                                         parser_errposition(pstate, location)));
+               if (agg_filter)
+                       ereport(ERROR,
+                                       (errcode(ERRCODE_WRONG_OBJECT_TYPE),
+                                        errmsg("FILTER specified, but %s is
not an aggregate function",
+
NameListToString(funcname)),
+                                        parser_errposition(pstate, location)));
                if (over)
                        ereport(ERROR,
                                        (errcode(ERRCODE_WRONG_OBJECT_TYPE),
***************
*** 402,407 **** ParseFuncOrColumn(ParseState *pstate, List *funcname, List
*fargs,
--- 408,415 ----
                /* aggcollid and inputcollid will be set by parse_collate.c */
                /* args, aggorder, aggdistinct will be set by
transformAggregateCall */
                aggref->aggstar = agg_star;
+               /* filter */
+               aggref->agg_filter = agg_filter;
                /* agglevelsup will be set by transformAggregateCall */
                aggref->location = location;

***************
*** 460,465 **** ParseFuncOrColumn(ParseState *pstate, List *funcname, List
*fargs,
--- 468,474 ----
                /* winref will be set by transformWindowFuncCall */
                wfunc->winstar = agg_star;
                wfunc->winagg = (fdresult == FUNCDETAIL_AGGREGATE);
+               wfunc->agg_filter = agg_filter;
                wfunc->location = location;

                /*
***************
*** 482,487 **** ParseFuncOrColumn(ParseState *pstate, List *funcname, List
*fargs,
--- 491,506 ----

NameListToString(funcname)),
                                         parser_errposition(pstate, location)));

+               /*
+                * Reject window functions which are not aggregates in the
+                * case of FILTER.
+                */
+               if (!wfunc->winagg && agg_filter)
+                       ereport(ERROR,
+                                       (errcode(ERRCODE_WRONG_OBJECT_TYPE),
+                                        errmsg("FILTER is not implemented in
non-aggregate window functions",
+                                        parser_errposition(pstate,
location))));
+
                /*
                 * ordered aggs not allowed in windows yet
                 */
*** a/src/backend/utils/adt/ruleutils.c
--- b/src/backend/utils/adt/ruleutils.c
***************
*** 7419,7425 **** get_agg_expr(Aggref *aggref, deparse_context *context)
--- 7419,7433 ----
                appendStringInfoString(buf, " ORDER BY ");
                get_rule_orderby(aggref->aggorder, aggref->args, false,
context);
        }
+
+       if (aggref->agg_filter != NULL)
+       {
+               appendStringInfoString(buf, ") FILTER (WHERE ");
+               get_rule_expr((Node *)aggref->agg_filter, context, false);
+       }
+
        appendStringInfoChar(buf, ')');
+
  }

  /*
***************
*** 7456,7461 **** get_windowfunc_expr(WindowFunc *wfunc, deparse_context
*context)
--- 7464,7476 ----
                appendStringInfoChar(buf, '*');
        else
                get_rule_expr((Node *) wfunc->args, context, true);
+
+       if (wfunc->agg_filter != NULL)
+       {
+               appendStringInfoString(buf, ") FILTER (WHERE ");
+               get_rule_expr((Node *)wfunc->agg_filter, context, false);
+       }
+
        appendStringInfoString(buf, ") OVER ");

        foreach(l, context->windowClause)
*** a/src/include/nodes/execnodes.h
--- b/src/include/nodes/execnodes.h
***************
*** 579,584 **** typedef struct AggrefExprState
--- 579,585 ----
  {
        ExprState       xprstate;
        List       *args;                       /* states of argument
expressions */
+       Expr       *agg_filter;         /* FILTER expression */
        int                     aggno;                  /* ID number for agg
within its plan node */
  } AggrefExprState;

***************
*** 590,595 **** typedef struct WindowFuncExprState
--- 591,597 ----
  {
        ExprState       xprstate;
        List       *args;                       /* states of argument
expressions */
+       Expr       *agg_filter;         /* FILTER expression */
        int                     wfuncno;                /* ID number for wfunc
within its plan node */
  } WindowFuncExprState;

*** a/src/include/nodes/parsenodes.h
--- b/src/include/nodes/parsenodes.h
***************
*** 295,300 **** typedef struct FuncCall
--- 295,301 ----
        bool            agg_star;               /* argument was really '*' */
        bool            agg_distinct;   /* arguments were labeled DISTINCT */
        bool            func_variadic;  /* last argument was labeled VARIADIC */
+       Node       *agg_filter;         /* FILTER clause, if any */
        struct WindowDef *over;         /* OVER clause, if any */
        int                     location;               /* token location, or
-1 if unknown */
  } FuncCall;
*** a/src/include/nodes/primnodes.h
--- b/src/include/nodes/primnodes.h
***************
*** 241,246 **** typedef struct Aggref
--- 241,247 ----
        List       *args;                       /* arguments and sort
expressions */
        List       *aggorder;           /* ORDER BY (list of SortGroupClause) */
        List       *aggdistinct;        /* DISTINCT (list of SortGroupClause) */
+       Expr       *agg_filter;         /* FILTER expression */
        bool            aggstar;                /* TRUE if argument list was
really '*' */
        Index           agglevelsup;    /* > 0 if agg belongs to outer query */
        int                     location;               /* token location, or
-1 if unknown */
***************
*** 257,262 **** typedef struct WindowFunc
--- 258,264 ----
        Oid                     wincollid;              /* OID of collation of
result */
        Oid                     inputcollid;    /* OID of collation that
function should use */
        List       *args;                       /* arguments to the window
function */
+       Expr       *agg_filter;         /* FILTER expression */
        Index           winref;                 /* index of associated
WindowClause */
        bool            winstar;                /* TRUE if argument list was
really '*' */
        bool            winagg;                 /* is function a simple
aggregate? */
*** a/src/include/parser/kwlist.h
--- b/src/include/parser/kwlist.h
***************
*** 155,160 **** PG_KEYWORD("extract", EXTRACT, COL_NAME_KEYWORD)
--- 155,161 ----
  PG_KEYWORD("false", FALSE_P, RESERVED_KEYWORD)
  PG_KEYWORD("family", FAMILY, UNRESERVED_KEYWORD)
  PG_KEYWORD("fetch", FETCH, RESERVED_KEYWORD)
+ PG_KEYWORD("filter", FILTER, RESERVED_KEYWORD)
  PG_KEYWORD("first", FIRST_P, UNRESERVED_KEYWORD)
  PG_KEYWORD("float", FLOAT_P, COL_NAME_KEYWORD)
  PG_KEYWORD("following", FOLLOWING, UNRESERVED_KEYWORD)
*** a/src/include/parser/parse_func.h
--- b/src/include/parser/parse_func.h
***************
*** 46,52 **** extern Node *ParseFuncOrColumn(ParseState *pstate,
                                  List *funcname, List *fargs,
                                  List *agg_order, bool agg_star, bool
agg_distinct,
                                  bool func_variadic,
!                                 WindowDef *over, bool is_column, int
location);

  extern FuncDetailCode func_get_detail(List *funcname,
                                List *fargs, List *fargnames,
--- 46,52 ----
                                  List *funcname, List *fargs,
                                  List *agg_order, bool agg_star, bool
agg_distinct,
                                  bool func_variadic,
!                                 Expr *agg_filter, WindowDef *over, bool
is_column, int location);

  extern FuncDetailCode func_get_detail(List *funcname,
                                List *fargs, List *fargnames,
*** a/src/include/parser/parse_node.h
--- b/src/include/parser/parse_node.h
***************
*** 39,44 **** typedef enum ParseExprKind
        EXPR_KIND_FROM_FUNCTION,                /* function in FROM clause */
        EXPR_KIND_WHERE,                                /* WHERE */
        EXPR_KIND_HAVING,                               /* HAVING */
+       EXPR_KIND_FILTER,                               /* FILTER */
        EXPR_KIND_WINDOW_PARTITION,             /* window definition PARTITION
BY */
        EXPR_KIND_WINDOW_ORDER,                 /* window definition ORDER BY */
        EXPR_KIND_WINDOW_FRAME_RANGE,   /* window frame clause with RANGE */