On 03/13/2013 01:50 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
On Mar 13, 2013, at 10:45 AM, Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> wrote:

If someone wants functions to enforce a stricter validity check (e.g. via a
check constraint on a domain), or to convert json to a canonical version which
strips out prior keys of the same name and their associated values, then these
should be relatively simple to implement given the parser API in the current
patch. But they aren't part of the current patch, and I think it's way too late
to be adding such things.
I think it might be good to get something like this into core eventually,
otherwise I suspect that there will be a different version of it for every
JSON-using project out there. And my first cut at it won’t descend into
sub-objects.

The you wouldn't be doing it right. The whole thing about a recursive descent parser is that it's, well, recursive.

cheers

andrew