On 03/19/2013 06:52 PM, Greg Smith wrote:

While being a lazy researcher today instead of writing code, I discovered that the PNG file format includes a CRC-32 on its data chunks, and to support that there's a CRC32 function inside of zlib: http://www.zlib.net/zlib_tech.html

Is there anywhere that compiles a PostgreSQL --without-zlib that matters?

Some of the smaller platforms might not have it readily available. I doubt there is any common server class or general computing platform where it's not available.

cheers

andrew