Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> schrieb:

>On 04/15/2013 11:46 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
>>>
>>> Me either. It's an oversight, really. Unless there is any objection
>I'll
>>> change them toot sweet. What about the existing (as of 9.2)
>functions?
>> ISTM json_in, out, recv, send should also be immutable.
>array_to_json,
>> row_to_json et all can't be tho.
>

>OK, although these have been like this since 9.2. I'm not sure why
>json_out is immutable but json_in isn't.
>
>Does changing these require a catalog version bump?

Well, you could get away without one since a more permissive value should only
influence performance and not correctness. But there doesn't yet seem much
reason to avoid it that much yet. It could cause confusion for someone at some
point.

Andres

---
Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.