Hello Robert,

This very minor patch adds a corresponding long option to all short (one letter) options of pgbench. [...]

I don't really have an opinion on whether this is worth doing, but we'd probably want to update all of our client utilities, not just pgbench, if we did.

The current status is that "official" clients already have systematic long options. I have checked: psql, pg_dump, pg_dumpall, pg_restore, pg_basebackup, createdb, createuser, createlang. Possibly other commands in contrib do not have long option.

As for the rational, when I type interactively I tend to use short options, but in a script I like long options so that I may not need to look them up in the documentation too often when reading the script later. The other rational is that adding long options is cheap and straightforward.

--
Fabien.