Hi,

I saw you added this 2-year old thread to the 2013-06 commitfest, but I don't see any new activity. Huh?

On 28.05.2011 00:48, Fabien COELHO wrote:

From a language definition perspective, it is helpful to have a name for
every case instead of an implicit fallback, without any word to describe
it. See for instance "CREATE USER CREATEDB/NOCREATEDB" or "CREATE
RULE ...
DO ALSO/INSTEAD" for similar occurences of naming default cases.

Oddly enough, we did add the DO ALSO syntax much later, and no one
complained about that, as far as I recall.

I complained:-) and I submitted the patch then, AFAICR.

- Heikki