Scott Shattuck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> ... I don't understand why an exclusive table-level lock is being
> taken out to add a trigger.

Well, that's a schema change; it makes sense to me to forbid access
while we're changing a table's schema.

I think this discussion may just be a miscommunication: it's not clear
to me whether you're complaining about adding a trigger or just firing
a trigger.  The former is not a time-critical task in my book ...