On 06/25/2013 06:42 AM, Szymon Guz wrote:

Hi,
I've attached a new patch. I've fixed all the problems you've found, except for the efficiency problem, which has been described in previous email.

thanks,
Szymon

This version of the patch addresses the issues I mentioned. Thanks for looking into seeing if the performance issue is with our conversions to strings or inherit with the python decimal type. I guess we (Postgresql) can't do much about it. A runtime switch to use cdecimal if it is available is a good idea, but I agree with you that could be a different patch.

One minor thing I noticed in this round,

 PLy_elog(ERROR, "could not import module 'decimal'");

I think should have "decimal" in double-quotes.

I think this patch is ready for a committer to look at it.

Steve