On 07/01/2013 03:26 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
Regardless of whether you agree with or disagree with the above
statement, building a high-quality documentation reader into psql so
that users who are running Windows but not mingw, cygwin, or pgAdmin
can access the documentation more easily doesn't seem like the correct
solution to this problem.  I don't really object if somebody wants to
do it (although someone else may object) but it's certainly taking the
long way around as far as this particular confusion is concerned.

FWIW, in my reasonably substantial experience, virtually every user on Windows uses pgadmin3. Use of psql is fairly rare.

cheers

andrew