On 7/9/13 12:09 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
   I think the first thing to verify is whether the results posted can be
validated in some other environment setup by another person.
   The testcase used is posted at below link:
   http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/51366323.8070...@vmware.com

That seems easy enough to do here, Heikki's test script is excellent. The latest patch Hari posted on July 2 has one hunk that doesn't apply anymore now. Inside src/backend/utils/adt/pg_lzcompress.c the patch tries to change this code:

-               if (hent)
+               if (hentno != INVALID_ENTRY)

But that line looks like this now:

                if (hent != INVALID_ENTRY_PTR)

Definitions of those:

#define INVALID_ENTRY                   0
#define INVALID_ENTRY_PTR               (&hist_entries[INVALID_ENTRY])

I'm not sure if different error handling may be needed here now due the commit that changed this, or if the patch wasn't referring to the right type of error originally.

--
Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    g...@2ndquadrant.com   Baltimore, MD