(2013/07/18 21:46), Robert Haas wrote:
There seems to be a consensus that we should try to get rid of
SnapshotNow entirely now that we have MVCC catalog scans, so I'm
attaching two patches that together come close to achieving that goal:

With that done, the only remaining uses of SnapshotNow in our code
base will be in currtid_byreloid() and currtid_byrelname().  So far no
one on this list has been able to understand clearly what the purpose
of those functions is, so I'm copying this email to pgsql-odbc in case
someone there can provide more insight.  If I were a betting man, I'd
bet that they are used in contexts where the difference between
SnapshotNow and SnapshotSelf wouldn't matter there, either.

Using SnapshotSelf instead of SnapshotNow for currtid_ () wouldn't
 matter.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue