Hackers,

According to [Wikipedia](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601#Times):

> Decimal fractions may also be added to any of the three time elements. A
> decimal mark, either a comma or a dot (without any preference as stated in
> resolution 10 of the 22nd General Conference CGPM in 2003,[11] but with a
> preference for a comma according to ISO 8601:2004)[12] is used as a separator
> between the time element and its fraction. A fraction may only be added to
> the lowest order time element in the representation. To denote "14 hours, 30
> and one half minutes", do not include a seconds figure. Represent it as
> "14:30,5", "1430,5", "14:30.5", or "1430.5". There is no limit on the number
> of decimal places for the decimal fraction. However, the number of decimal
> places needs to be agreed to by the communicating parties.

I assume that the Postgres project has no interest in supporting the input of
whack times like “14:30.5”, “1430.5”, “14:30.5”, or “1430.5”, right? I mean,
that’s just bizarre, amirite?

But I do wonder if the comma should be allowed for fractional seconds, since
the spec says it is preferred (and often used in Javaland, I’m told). As in
“14:30:50,232”. Thoughts?

Best,

David

PS: Apologies if you somehow ended up with a bad 80s pop song in your head.