On 07/31/2013 07:13 AM, Gibheer wrote:
Hi,

That is a really nice feature.
I don't pretend it's my idea, I just coded it. My boss proposed the feature as such :-)
I took a first look at your patch and some empty lines you added (e.g. line 60
your patch). Can you remove
them?
Sure, will do in the next version.
Why did you move localGetCurrentTimestamp() into streamutil.c? Is sys/time.h
still needed in receivelog.c after the move?
Because both receivelog.c and pg_basebackup.c need it now. I thought I could move localTimestampDifference() and localTimestampDifferenceExceeds() as well for the sake of consistency (these are actually utilities too) but I didn't get convinced enough that the feature alone justifies such a change.

As mentioned in http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20130731173624.gx14...@eldon.alvh.no-ip.org these functions ideally shouldn't have separate implementation at all. However the problem is that pg_basebackup is not linked to the backend.

You're right about sys/time.h, it's included via via streamutil.h. I'll fix that too.
I will try your patch later today to see, if it works.

Whenever you have time. Thanks!

// Tony