On 08/19/2013 09:50 AM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
On 08/18/2013 12:02 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
There is a much simpler fix, which is to do these assignments unconditionally in
src/port/win32.h. The following small change fixes the problem for me:

No. Please do not do this.

If you object to a proposal then you need to explain what's wrong with it. Note that we already do exactly what is proposed here for EAGAIN and EINTR. In fact there is probably a good argument for doing it for all these constants.

I tested the patch I made. The environment was a linux hosted cross-compile, with the latest mingw-64 compiler. Before the patch the problem complained of was exhibited. After the patch it was not.

Note that the original patch appears to be not only misguided but wrong, in that
it undid a recent important change (commit a099482c) as I read it.
My patch was created against the latest git checkout as of the date I sent the
e-mail. If you could provide the full commit ID I could take a look, but it
seems you don't care about my patch enough I'm not sure you will bother.

I already gave you a sufficient identifier for the commit. In case you're not aware, git is quite happy dealing with small commit identifiers. If you do "git log -1 a099482" you should get the details you require.

Frankly, we are not going to go through the code littering it with WSA constants inside #ifdef's without a very good reason.

cheers

andrew