On 8/5/13 10:18 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:
The main issue with the test is that it's a dirty hack. What I really
want is a way to block a statement at a certain point - to say "block
after a snapshot is acquired" for example - and release that at a time
of my choosing.

Opinions? Is this something that's even worth thinking about further or
a non-starter?

+1

Something that sets Enova apart from many other places is we have extensive
database unit tests. One of the reasons for that is you can do way more testing
at the database level than you can trying to go through the application.

This seems like just another case of that. We could either try to come up with
some C level unit tests (which I suspect wouldn't work in this case), or expose
some hooks.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect                       j...@nasby.net