On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 6:51 AM, Peter Eisentraut <pete...@gmx.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 2013-09-14 at 22:15 +0200, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> >
> > This proposal comes with no patch because I think we are able to
> > understand it without that, so that it would only be a waste of
> > everybody's time to attach code for a random solution on the list here
> > to that email.
>
> It shouldn't be in the commit fest if it has no patch.

I thought the general recommendation was the opposite, that planning and
road maps should be submitted for review before non-trivial coding is
started; and that despite the name the commitfest is the best way that this
is done.   Of course now I can't find the hackers thread where this
recommendation was made...

Cheers,

Jeff