On 9/18/13 5:11 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
In this code a assert fail can be lost in app log. Or can be knowingly
handled and ignored - what is wrong, and should not be allowed.

When I wrote a little bit complex procedures, I had to use a EXCEPTION WHEN
OTHERS clause - because I would not to lost a transaction. It worked, but
searching a syntax errors was significantly harder - so on base of this
experience I am thinking so some errors can be handled (related to database
usage) and others not - like syntax errors in PL/pgSQL or possible
assertions (although we can handle syntax error, but I don't think so it is
practical). It significantly increase a work that is necessary for error
identification.

I think that's a fair point.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja