David Rowley escribió:

> I do see a 15-18% slow down with the patched version, so perhaps I'll need
> to look to see if I can speed it up a bit, although I do feel this
> benchmark is not quite a normal workload.

Ouch.  That's certainly way too much.  Is the compiler inlining
process_log_prefix_padding()?  If not, does it do it if you add "inline"
to it?  That might speed up things a bit.  If that's not enough, maybe
you need some way to return to the original coding for the case where no
padding is set in front of each option.