On 22/10/2013 09:58, Tom Lane wrote:
So I returned from vacation only to find that the buildfarm has a bad case
of acne.  All the Windows members are red or pink, and have been for
awhile.  Sigh.

After some research I believe that I understand the reason for the CHECK
failures, at least:

1. src/port/asprintf.c exhibits a truly touching faith that vsnprintf will
report exactly the number of bytes that would have been required, even if
the buffer is not that large.  While this is what is specified in recent
versions of the POSIX standard, older platforms have much sketchier
behavior.

Just to be pedantic, this is required by C99.

> [...]

Regards  Manlio Perillo