On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakan...@vmware.com> wrote:
> Or just hand over a copy of the combocid map to the worker, along with the
> snapshot. Seems a lot simpler than this wide cids business..

Yes, that's what Noah and I talked about doing.  Or possibly even
making the map into a hash table in dynamic shared memory, so that new
combo CIDs could be allocated by any backend in the parallel group.
But that seems hard, so for starters I think we'll only parallelize
read-only operations and just hand over a copy of the map.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company