Jim Nasby <j...@nasby.net> writes:
> On 10/3/13 12:49 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> We could also use git receive hooks, but those would be very hard to
>> override when you*do*  need to modify the files (which you might
>> within a release).

> You can have the receive hook ignore the condition on existence of a file.
> It's kinda kludgey, but effective. Of course you need to remember to remove
> the override file when you're done overriding...

An important point here is that we don't want to lock down version m.n
of an extension *until it's shipped in a release*.  If we make several
changes in a given extension during a development cycle (some of them
possibly just bugfixes to a previous change), we don't want our tools
forcing us to treat each of those as an upgrade scenario.

This means that any restriction should only apply in the _STABLE branches,
not in master.  Not sure how to do that.