 >> Please don't object that that doesn't look exactly like the syntax
 >> for calling the function, because it doesn't anyway --- remember
 >> you also need ORDER BY in the call.

 Tom> Actually, now that I think of it, why not use this syntax for
 Tom> declaration and display purposes:

 Tom>   type1, type2 ORDER BY type3, type4

 Tom> This has nearly as much relationship to the actual calling
 Tom> syntax as the WITHIN GROUP proposal does,

But unfortunately it looks exactly like the calling sequence for a
normal aggregate with an order by clause - I really think that is
potentially too much confusion. (It's one thing not to look like
the calling syntax, it's another to look exactly like a valid
calling sequence for doing something _different_.)

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)