On 12/10/2013 10:00 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:
On 10 December 2013 19:54, Josh Berkus <j...@agliodbs.com> wrote:
On 12/10/2013 11:49 AM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 11:23 AM, Simon Riggs <si...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
I don't think that anyone believes that not doing block sampling is
tenable, fwiw. Clearly some type of block sampling would be preferable
for most or all purposes.

As discussed, we need math though.  Does anyone have an ACM subscription
and time to do a search?  Someone must.  We can buy one with community
funds, but no reason to do so if we don't have to.

We already have that, just use Vitter's algorithm at the block level
rather than the row level.

And what do you do with the blocks? How many blocks do you choose? Details, please.

- Heikki