On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 6:27 AM, Simon Riggs <si...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On 11 December 2013 06:36, KONDO Mitsumasa
> <kondo.mitsum...@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>
> >> I think this feature will be used in a lot of scenarios in
> >> which PITR is currently used.
> >
> > We have to judge which is better, we get something potential or to
protect
> > stupid.
> > And we had better to wait author's comment...
>
> I'd say just document that it wouldn't make sense to use it for PITR.
>
> There may be some use case we can't see yet, so specifically
> prohibiting a use case that is not dangerous seems too much at this
> point. I will no doubt be reminded of these words in the future...

Hi all,

I tend to agree with Simon, but I confess that I don't liked to delay a
server with standby_mode = 'off'.

The main goal of this patch is delay the Streaming Replication, so if the
slave server isn't a hot-standby I think makes no sense to delay it.

Mitsumasa suggested to add "StandbyModeRequested" in conditional branch to
skip this situation. I agree with him!

And I'll change 'recoveryDelay' (functions, variables) to 'standbyDelay'.

Regards,

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL