From: "Fujii Masao" <masao.fu...@gmail.com>
!     if (source == XLOG_FROM_ARCHIVE && StandbyModeRequested)

Even when standby_mode is not enabled, we can use cascade replication and
it needs the accumulated WAL files. So I think that AllowCascadeReplication()
should be added into this condition.

!       snprintf(recoveryPath, MAXPGPATH, XLOGDIR "/RECOVERYXLOG");
!       XLogFilePath(xlogpath, ThisTimeLineID, endLogSegNo);
!
!       if (restoredFromArchive)

Don't we need to check !StandbyModeRequested and !AllowCascadeReplication()
here?

Oh, you are correct.  Okay, done.

!               /*
! * If the latest segment is not archival, but there's still a
!                * RECOVERYXLOG laying about, get rid of it.
!                */
!               unlink(recoveryPath);   /* ignore any error */

The similar line exists in the lower side of exitArchiveRecovery(), so ISTM that
you can refactor that.

That's already done in the previous patch: deletion of RECOVERYXLOG was moved into else clause, as in:

-  /*
-   * Since there might be a partial WAL segment named RECOVERYXLOG, get rid
-   * of it.
-   */
-  snprintf(recoveryPath, MAXPGPATH, XLOGDIR "/RECOVERYXLOG");
-  unlink(recoveryPath);  /* ignore any error */
-

Regards
MauMau